Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Self image




Self image. It's a dangerous thing. So many people fall into the trap of not appreciating what they are born with. As a society, we have come to expect ourselves to be ultra thin and to not appreciate our beauty for what it is worth.



If there is one thing I want to pass on to my children, it is a positive self image. I don't ever want to hear Makena complain that she is ugly or fat. We look different for a reason. Diversity.

You have to make due with what you have. Every lump, every stretch mark, every curve and every crease was put there for a reason. There is always someone worse off, and that is exactly what I was told growing up.



I remember watching this person on Oprah. It really put my life into perspective. If I ever complain about being fat or ugly, remind me about this video:




1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I couldn't agree more, even though I've fallen in the trap more often than not. A good reminder.